Saving your smile after a tooth extraction is essential to ensure your mouth has the proper chance to rebuild. Although a tooth extraction may not seem like a rigorous procedure, nonetheless, your gums still need time to heal to prevent infections and delays in recovery time.
Create an improved oral health identity with tooth extractions. If your oral health care requires tooth extraction recovery, remember the following:
– Your body has a wonderful ability to heal itself, but don’t waste its precious resources elsewhere, so make sure to allow yourself time for rest. If possible, stay away from all types of strenuous labor and exercise.
– Listen to the instructions delivered by your dentist and follow them to the letter.
– If any problems should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Swelling is assumed to occur in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– Take any medications exactly as expected by your dentist. If any pain continues, never increase the dosage, but rather you should contact your dentist.
– Oftentimes the anesthesia will make eating or drinking trying. To avoid choking, do not consume anything before the anesthesia wears off.
If you would like to schedule a tooth replacement session at Virginia Dental Group, simply call our dentist office in Fairfax, Virginia, at our number 703-385-3800. Dr. Lida M. Vargas and our entire team await. We look forward to helping you soon!