Composite resin-based fillings, also called tooth-colored fillings, are extremely durable and resistant to damage from cracks or fracture for small to medium-sized fillings. Even under the constant barrage of stress from chewing food, composites can last for many years to come.
Don’t lose the battle to cavities without giving composite a chance. Here is how they can help:
– If you take terrific care of your composites, they can easily last up to ten years.
– Composite fillings are designed to blend with the normal aesthetics of your teeth.
– Composites do not need to be removed if they go bad, as they can be refurbished easily without the need to remove the originals.
– Composite fillings are mercury-free, which is essential for those who may be allergic to mercury.
– Teeth can still suffer breaks and fractures with composites, but because composites are made of a tough, durable resin-based material, they help the teeth become more preventative of damage.
– Composite fillings can repair cavities that are too minute for dental amalgams to work effectively.
If you have any cavities and would like to have them repaired by our team at Virginia Dental Group, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Lida M. Vargas at our dentist office in Fairfax, Virginia by calling us at 703-385-3800. Fill in your cavities with composite fillings to make your smile happy.